Recently, a few strangers had passed by me which literally stopped me on my tracks- because the dark rings around their eyes were so obvious. It has then prompted me to research to find out why exactly people have dark rings around their eyes- I was concerned that it could be related to the life vitality.
In Traditional Chinese healing system that is applied in TCM for thousands of years, the eyes is closely associated with the liver and kidney health. If the dark rings are accompanied by the following symptoms, you may want to do more research about holistic ways to improve your kidney health- be it via homeopathy, ayurveda or traditional Chinese medicine:
- Constantly feeling tired
- Knee pain or knee discomfort
- Lower back pain or sharp pain around the areas of one or both kidneys
- Frequent urination
- Hair loss
- Menstrual cycle disorders
- Hearing problems
Conventional Methods for Dark Eye Rings or Panda eyes
Usually, the following remedies are suggested:
- Use tea bags, potatoes, etc to put around the eyes
- Sleep at regular hours
- Reduce stress
- Use make-up to mask it
But if you have tried all the above and felt that the methods were not effective or they do not solve your problem in the long term, it will be best to get to the root cause of the issue. Another thing is to ensure that you do your regular checkups- at least blood and urine test that indicate your kidney and liver functions. Make sure the coast’s clear.
Most of the time, kidney and liver problems does not manifest until years later. By the time the test results show any abnormality, the problem’s already chronic. And what take years to develop would take long time to treat- you need to be patient if you want to explore holistic ways because the methods are often non evasive. And disciplined to follow lifestyle changes that you have to take.
Following steps can help you improve your overall health:
- Cut down on sweet and oily food because too much of these food can lead to diabetes and high blood pressure- both that are harmful to the kidneys
- Avoid taxing your digestive system such as eating huge, hard to digest meals (that makes you feel very sluggish after that), stop the habit of taking supper and eat more fiber and less processed food.
Traditional practitioners would often prescribe herbal medicine that you can take. Again, do let your doctor know that you are undergoing such treatments.
Association with emotional well being and kidney health
It is said that excessive negative energy, ie fear is stored in the kidneys. If you are currently having a weak kidney or kidney related ailments, you may also want to consider exploring how you deal with fear. Do you:
- Try to ignore things or are in denial of things that you know you should face
- Always practice the philosophy ‘once bitten, forever shy’, ie you easily develop fear to deal with the same type of situation that had hurt you in the past?
- Always have nightmares that someone is trying to kill you or that you are running away from something? These dreams are signs that perhaps there are fears in your life that you need to face and overcome.
The best way to overcome your fears is to face them. Often, we can talk and discuss till the cows come home but if you do not learn to face these issues, they will always remain at the back of your mind. There is a great feeling of accomplishment in your life once you have the courage to face something that had been holding you back- it can be anything from fear of heights, snakes or fear of leaving an abusive relationship.
The positive side of fear is gentleness.
Therefore, it is interesting to see a possible relationship in this way:
Fears that are not addressed
—> Negative energy stored in the kidneys —> kidneys get weakened —> Manifest into problems such as dark eye rings, fatigue, knee problems, etc.