Below are books that I recommend and have played a huge role in influencing my writing, research and insights. Some of the links may contain affiliate links.
A. Dr Gabor Maté
I have learned a lot from Dr Gabor’s work. He is a physician by training and made connection between mind body relationship to illness, specifically the role of childhood trauma in addictions and auto immune diseases.
- When the Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection
- Scattered Minds: The Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder – Dr Gabor himself was diagnosed with ADD in his fifties and he states that ADHD or ADD is not a genetic disease.
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
B. Deb Shapiro
“Your Body Speaks Your Mind: Decoding the Emotional, Psychological, and Spiritual Messages That Underlie Illness”. The book is an excellent book if you are interested to explore the relationship between the mind body connection and illness. The book is more specific as explore the possible emotional causes of a number of illnesses. For example, I first learnt that glaucoma could be linked to unshed tears.
Other mind body relationship books:
- Heal Your Body by Louise Hay
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Emotional Healing, complementary solutions for a stress-free life by Jan De Vries (read the blog post here).
- Mindpower- How to Use Your Mind to Heal Your Body by Vernon Coleman (read my blog post here)
- Golden Rules for Vibrant Health in Body, Mind, and Spirit: A Holistic Approach to Health and Wellness by Dr Joseph J Sweere (read my blog post here)
- Dr. Dean Ornish’s Program for Reversing Heart Disease: The Only System Scientifically Proven to Reverse Heart Disease Without Drugs or Surgery (read my posts here and here)