One thing I am grateful for my day job is that I constantly need to work out ways to handle the stress. Just when I thought that I am on top of something, a new level kind of stuff comes- and involves a different way of handling the situation.
In the past, I’ve thought that it was external factors that are causing the stress. Now, I am learning to take ownership- yes, there’s external factors that I cannot control- but there’s always one thing I can control….and that’s how I respond to it.
If we find that the stress in work life and in life is too much to for us to bear, try to take a step back and reevaluate….perhaps maybe….
- it’s because we take things too seriously?
- we are putting a rope around our neck by being too much of a perfectionist?
- that somewhere, we have not sort out our priorities- and so we find ourselves being swayed left and right easily by other people’s opinions and ideas
- we need to organize and prioritize
- we should just learn to politely say “NO” when too much is on our plate
- it’s time to delegate some tasks out
You may think that “hey, it’s easy for you to say….. wait till you are in my shoes!”.
That’s when I would like to share with you this YouTube video- you have probably seen it before- it’s a group of US Marines that are based on Afghanistan doing a remake of Britney Spear’s Hold It Against Me video. You’ll see a group of brave young men and women- facing life threatening dangers every day….and they find a way to destress by coming together and putting up this unforgettable performance:
Have a great weekend.