If you suffer from the following:
- sudden sharp pain deep (like a inner area behind your belly button) in your stomach
- stomach is also experiencing spasms
- vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. When you go to the toilet, the pain is so bad that you do not know which to do first- vomit or pass out water
- From the traditional Chinese cures, it could be too much of wind element.
- Please read my previous article on Natural Cures for Stomach Ailments/ Pain/ Spasms if you have not done so.
My friend’s experience.
- Last weekend, my friend ate cheese and suffered from migraine (if she takes too much diary product, she gets migraine). As the result of her migraine, the pain cause her to vomit and she hardly ate anything because she totally lost her appetite.
- On Monday, she had porridge for lunch and soon after, started to suffer from diarrhea with terrible stomach pain and spasms. It lasted till Tuesday and did not get better- so she had to go back early as she felt dizzy and wanted to throw up.
- She went to see her urologist and he told her he cannot prescribe a strong dose of antibiotic because of her kidney problem (she suffers from nephritis). In the specialist’s words: “you’ll just have to let it run its course”.
- Her condition was so bad that she was on the verge of getting herself admitted to hospital today because she had literally not eaten for days. Each time she eats, she immediately pass it out as water.
- she is having too much of wind in her stomach, causing severe pain. When she took the porridge, the practitioner suspected it could be over night. Porridge, when kept overnight, even after being heated up, contained excessive ‘wind element’, making her condition worse and giving her the terrible spasm and pain.
- he gave her some Chinese medication to force out the wind.
- he also issued strict instruction that she is to eat every 2 hours- to ensure her stomach is not empty and ended up ‘trapping’ more wind.
- he told her that her diarrhea will stop
Soon after taking the medication, she started burping. The release of trapped wind made her felt so much better. She went back and her auntie cooked porridge for her. She ate every 2 hours and within today, she was cured.
Another friend’s husband also suffered from tummy pain. My friend massaged her husband-and her husband started burping. After burping, the pain also go off.
Still, we need to take care of the food that we eat- it should not always be greasy, oily, heavily processed, lacked fibre and too much of red meat. When our stomach is not well, it becomes susceptible to all types of conditions. The lining on your stomach contains folds, bends and pores to allow food to be digested and passed through.
Insufficient intake of fibre and fluid will cause food to be trapped along the lining of the stomach. When these food rots, it will also give off gasses and bacteria that feeds on the rotted food will cause lots of pain. In the long turn, this condition turns to ulcer and eventually may lead to cancer of the stomach or intensines.
Of course, if you have been suffering from chronic stomach pain constantly and does not get better even though you eat more fruits and vege, drink more water and adopt other recommendations in my previous post, please consult a gastrologist or physican.
You may want to read how to relieve the sharp pains with a simple acupressure technique that you can use anytime anywhere- I tried it and it works for me. I hope it will work for you.
This article is part of the Stomach Ailments Series.