Last Updated on July 23, 2017
When I started this little self-project on 27 Oct, a.ka experimentation, I made the following changes: doing crunches on the Swiss/balance ball in almost every workout session. Sometimes I do 30, 40 and even up to 80 times. But if the repetition is high, I will split up into 2 times in between cardio and strength training.
It helps to strengthen the core- I hold my yoga post better. I derive more endurance during workouts. My posture strength increases because the exercise also helped strengthened my lower back muscles.
Did my size tummy reduce?
Yes, but only a bit. If combined with no sugar and low starch intake, you bet it will surely trim down.
- I decided to conclude this little project for now because I’ve just learned some new stuff about spot reduction (some of you may know it for a long time) and coupled with personal experience:
- if you do lots of crunches, it helps to built up stomach muscles- so to a certain extend, there is a toned look
- however, if you have a layer of fat, the tone will not be visible- and doing crunches will not help take away the fat- but helps to built muscles
Here’s what you need to do to take away the fat:
- do cardio exercises- it helps to burn fat from other parts of your body. Only when the overall fat from your body reduces, then those from your stomach will also reduce.
- reduce sugar and fat from your food- the more you reduce, the faster you will see results.
- incorporate strength/weight training in your workouts- to built muscles that helps you burn even more calories
Still, I will continue doing the crunches on the Swiss ball, because of the core strength and stronger lower back muscles that I felt I benefited from this.
Sorry, if you are hoping for short cut ways such as taking pills, some abdomen gadgets or lipo, I don’t go by that. I only believe in weight loss, the old fashioned way- through sensible eating and exercise. That’s the only way for most people to lose it and keep the weight off for good 🙂