Last Updated on July 23, 2017
A number of studies done had linked free radicals towards development of cancerous cells and tumor growth. The higher the levels of free radicals in our body, there comes an increased risk of getting cancer, least the normal cell mutates.
Recently, while buying my favourite drink, tea with evaporated milk, I chanced upon a roadshow offering free radical test. Basically, you just need to stuck the side of your hand to a machine that looks quite sophisticated and the content of your free radicals will be displayed in a laptop connected to the machine.
My score is below average, ie 50%- which is considered as undesirable.
The lower the score, the better it’s supposed to be, with 0% indicating a person with no free radicals (which is actually not possible).
Factors that contributes to increase in free radicals in your body:
- Smoking or prolonged exposure to cigarette smoke
- High processed, BBQ, fried meat intake.
- Very low intake of vegetable and fruits (one should take at least 5 servings per day with one serving being a size of a fist)
- Lack of exercise
- High stress levels
- Constant exposure to sunlight (UV ray)
- Being overweight/ obese
- Lack of sleep
For me, I don’t smoke, don’t use umbrella when out in the sun, but I don’t take much meat and I exercise often. Even though I am overweight. I also take lots of fruits. So why was my free radicals so high?
Then I looked at the packet of evaporated milk tea that I packed and instinctively knew the answer. Sometimes, when my caffeine intake are high, my tongue gets whitish, I get knee discomfort and sometimes numbness in my limbs. Stop taking them and the symptoms just disappear.
It’s important to consider reducing the factors that contributes to the increase in free radicals in our bodies especially if we have a family history of cancer. Some other suggestion that will compliment the reduction of free radicals:
- Learn Qi Gong and energy level based exercises
- Let your bare feet touch the earth. I am not referring to cemented to tiled floor. Find a patch of land where there are real soil, take of your shoes and just walk around there for about 20 min. Or just sit with your bare feet touching the ground. Do that for about 20 min everyday. The earth is a conductor (still remember my physics) and excess charge in your body (gathered due to using PC, handphones and electrical items) will flow to the ground. You’ll also feel good afterwards.
- Epsom (magnesium sulfate) bath- strongly recommended especially for radiotherapy patients to remove excess radioactive or charges in their bodies. In a tub of warm water, put 2 cups of Epsom salt with one tablespoon of baking powder. Mix well, then soak for 20 minutes. It’s guaranteed you will feel better because Epsom salt relaxes your muscles and help draw excess charges/toxins out from your body.
Even though we lead a relatively healthy lifestyle, it may be worthwhile to understand free radicals and take steps of reducing it in your body. Even if you do not have access to any tests, there is no harm of taking charge of your health, with easy but effective suggestions from above, and to cut down stress and unhealthy eating from your life.
Wow. I can only say. Wow! Nicely done. I’m making a guide myself on how to prevent hair loss. Do you mind if I use this information?
Yes, you can use the information but please quote clearly that you have obtained the info from this site.